Where can I find my military records?

Most veteran's records are stored at the National Archives and Records Administration's National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR OR NPRC), St. Louis, Missouri. This includes records of veterans who are completely discharged (with no remaining reserve commitment), or who are retired or have died. Starting in 1995, the service departments gradually began retaining their personnel records in electronic format and all but the Coast Guard now have stopped transferring them to the NPRC. The NPRC does not have records of members who are still in the active or inactive reserves or in the National Guard. The locations of most personnel records are listed by service branch.

The NPRC is the official repository for records of military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard. However, if you were separated from the service after 1995, your military branch may have your records. A qualified researcher would know. We discuss this further at
The Best Method to Acquire Your DD214.

Regardless of what anyone tells you, your records ARE NOT available online.